Who can apply for a grant?
Current domestic account holders of EDF Energy (the person/persons named on the bill) suffering hardship and poverty and in need of help with their gas and/or electricity bills or further assistance. We recommend all applicants seek appropriate money advice before applying to the Trust
How can the Trust help?
The EDF Energy Trust is a charitable Trust and is referred to as "the Trust" throughout this form.
- The Trust can help you to clear debts for domestic electricity and gas.
- The Trust can sometimes help you to clear other priority debts and purchase essential household items. You can apply for such help even if you do not apply for help with your electricity or gas debts.
The Trust cannot provide you with the following:
- Give you a loan
- Give you help with bills that you have already paid or with items that you have already bought.
- Medical equipment, aids and adaptations
- Fines for criminal offences
- Over payment of benefits
- Educational or training needs
- Business debts
- Debts to central or local government departments e.g. tax and national insurance
- Catalogues, credit cards, personal loans and other forms of non-secured lending
- Deposits to secure accommodation